I know almost everything about cakes. I’ve made cakes that fit in the palm of my hand and I’ve made cakes bigger than myself. Simple cakes like granny’s style and cakes with extravagant decorations for super important weddings.
I love everything on the process of baking, the alchemy and transformation of the ingredients, the aromas and textures…everything speaks to my soul. I sleep thinking about cakes, dream about cakes … I’M A CAKE LOVER!
Cakes are feelings that poets have not yet described well … it is pure affection … I have a coffee shop full of cakes and I always say: One can not leave well without a cake and a hug.
Considering my passion for cakes, the first recipe post could not be anything other than a cake recipe. In addition, to complete the flood of memories that this project / blog is bringing me in the last few days, I’ve decided to share my first cake recipe.
A CAKE TO CALL MINEDifficulty: Easy
3 cups Cake Flour
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup canola oil ( can be replaced for coconut oil )
1 TBS baking powder
1 pinch of salt ( I also add that to all my cakes to enrich the flavor )
1 TBS butter to grease the pan
- Pre-heat your oven at 180c . Grease your pan ( use a 23cm round ),with butter and some flour. Don’t forget to shake it very well so the flour spreads evenly and then shake it downside on your sink to remove the excess of flour. Reserve
- Make your mise en place which means separate all your ingredients and mesure them according with the recipe. Believe me: This will make your life so much EASIER.
- In a bawl put all your dry ingredients together and mix with a foue or spatula.
- In a separated bawl, break the eggs one by one ( just to check quality )
- In the bawl with the dry ingredients add your eggs, oil and milk. Mix well until everything is incorporated and you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes
- To check if its ready just insert a stick a toothpick in the center. It will be ready when it comes clean.
- Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- On my version, I’ve decided to add whipped fresh cream and strawberries on top. I’m in quarantine and I deserve it.
- Enjoy with your loved ones and when you make this recipe post a picture on your Instagram and tag us there: #mypastrylife
It’s a comfortable style recipe that will feed your tommy and your heart.
It is so simple but so full of affection. I am sure that if you do it you will please everyone around you.
There is no mystery and if you have never baked a cake before, this is the right recipe to start.