Do you want a cake to eat with coffee? But it needs to be a cake full of flavor and that is quick quick to make? You just Found it!
This GLUTEN FREE sweet corn cake recipe will fill your heart with joy. I’m sure that from now on you won’t pass by sweet corn in the super market without remembering this delicious recipe.
Everything that you make with love has a huge impact on others life’s. Even just a recipe!????
During this current lockdown I did this cake for someone – just to say thank you for her help. She phoned me immediately after eating the cake and told me that it felt as if her granny was with her in the kitchen.
What we told each other will stay between us only, but what I can say is that it was one of the most special moments of my career. She managed to put me in tears…
After that I also posted some pictures on COPPA’S Instagram page. I had no intention to share this recipe, but other customers and friends also commented on it and asked me for the recipe. I KNEW I HAD TO SHARE!
Some days I have had internet problems and have also been struggling a bit with personal problems which took me away from the blog. Now, I am back on track and this is my priority. A SWEET CORN CAKE RECIPE for everyone!
With all my love I share my sweet corn cake recipe with you. I used fresh sweet corn. You can also use cane instead, just please DON’T TELL ME!
EASY DELICIOUS GLUTEN FREE SWEET CORN CAKEDifficulty: Easy
3 big corn cobs (if small, use 4)
1 cup sugar (200g)
1 tsp baking powder (15g)
1 shallow cup (180g) Fubá (Brazilian corn “flour” – I have also used Polenta and it worked very well)
1/4 cup fine dried coconut (30g)
100 ml of sunflower oil (you can also use coconut oil)
1 pinch of salt
375 ml milk
- Prepare your mice en place
- Cook the corn cob for 5 minutes after boiling. Put it in cold water and cut the grains – leave it aside
- Place all your ingredients in a cup of a blender. Always start with the liquids and then the dry ingredients
- Blend for 5 minutes. Put in a cake bundt pan, grease with butter and Fubá or Polenta
- Bake at 170 for 30 minutes. PLEASE note that this is a creamier cake so if you try the tooth stick test – it shouldn’t come out completely clean. DON’T OVER BAKE IT.
- Tip – You can replace the sunflower oil with coconut oil. You can also use Polenta instead of Fubá. For a sugar free recipe just replace sugar with your favorite sweetener.
Strong woman from our past gave us so much more than what we can remember. This post is in honor of every granny that shared so much love and thought in their food even when facing much more difficulties then us.
Bake the cake, let the smell invade your kitchen and take a moment for your self and to be grateful for all the amazing woman that was or still is part of your life. Lets celebrate the feminine, lets celebrate us!!????