The best banana bread recipe is here! You just need 10 minutes to make it and after 20 minutes in the oven you will have the best banana bread that you have ever seen in your life. Enjoy it!
Comfort cakes are my favorite, no doubt about that! Those that remind us about our granny’s have a very special place in my heart.
This recipe for banana bread, I learned many years ago from a mother of a friend. My friend Camille and I used to be inseparable and on weekends, after a night out, I used to sleep at her house. I confess that my favorite part was always the breakfast we had the next morning.
Her mommy, Mrs Sonia, used be a very good cook and she is the one who is mainly responsible for many of my favorites recipes that I have kept today. But I have to say that her banana cake ( banana bread if you prefer ), is on top of my list of recipes she shared with me.
I’ll share my favorite recipe for banana cake, please try it out TODAY! This cake is called “Banana Bread” outside of Brazil… Confusing for me, but I have now eventually adopted this terminology.
So I now present you with my banana bread.
THE BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPEDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 cups (220g) of flour
2/3 cup (115g) of brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 pinch of salt
3/4 cup (200g) Greek yogurt
80g of butter
30 ml Rum (optional)
1/3 cup ( 50g ) Walnut ( optional)
Sliced almond or Oats for the top (optional)
- Prepare your mice en place
- Smash the bananas and set a side
- In a bowl place your eggs, sugar and yogurt and mix with a fouet ( hand whisker ). Add the melted butter (be careful don’t let the butter get too hot)
- Sieve all the dry ingredients on top of the wet mixture
- Combine all very well
- Place on a English bread pan and bake it for 20 minutes or until it smells delicious
- Tip – the next day, put slices of the cake in a toaster and eat them hot with butter and coffee.
Someone is working very hard right now so we can have sweet and nice bananas in our home. How about taking a moment to appreciate the simple things in life!?